INSTAGRAM STORIES TIPS FOR BRAND VISIBILITY
As a business owner, if you don’t know what Instagram stories
Wondering what the feature, Instagram story, is? Just as Facebook and Snapchat stories, Instagram stories is designed to let you share videos and pictures in a progressive manner, in order to tell a powerful brand story.
Interestingly, 30% of users have bought a product that they discovered on Instagram, as
The above statistics
Instagram stories, provides you with a fresh out-of-the-box tool for promoting your brand, products, and your services. Getting it right simply means gaining followers with an extra affinity to your brand, which in turn builds loyalty and encouraging future sales.
For your brand, you can share information about your product promotion, behind-the-scene of your communications, how to order about your products etc, contest etc. Statistics showed that product promotion is the most prominent information on Instagram stories from brands.
On the other hand, due to high demand and expectations on brands, there is a need for constant production of quality and entertaining content on a daily basis, if you don’t want your stories to get swiped as soon as it pops up or worse muted. However, a thoroughly thought-out communication, directs most consumers to the shopping landing page.
So, how do you tap into the power made available by this amazing social media application to get the best possible outcome and to avoid getting your stories swiped or muted?
- Sell Yourself: You should share yourself with them, because guess what? You’re selling yourself, not your product. Your customers or followers want to know YOU.
- Be Informal: Due to the automatic self-destruction after 24hours, you have the opportunity to be informal with your marketing content. You’re getting to know your audience on another level, or they’re getting to see that relatable side of you.
- Carry Your Audience Along: Make your followers feel like insiders. Take them behind the scenes. Showcase your product on a different light; demonstrate or use guides.
- Product Promotion: Slip a tease of that product you’ve been working on and let them spread the word on your behalf. Live blog it later to engage non-attendees.
- Watch the Trends. Be part of the conversation. Consider the biggest story of the day and find a way to relate it to your product.
- Do Flash Sales and Limited Offers. Reward your followers. Announce too-good-to-miss offers via your stories.
Now to you!
The Instagram story gives your brand the needed exposure with over 1 billion people to be reached. It’s also a new way to reach your followers, build relationships, loyalty and break the barrier between your business and the customer.
The secret is quality and engaging contents to keep audience focused, as well as constantly adding value to them. The best way to learn what works is by practising and progressing. Go try it!
At WayMaker Digital, we help organisations to deliver their corporate goals around Business Analysis, UX Design & Product Development while adopting the Agile & Lean principles. Our core specialities include Requirements Specification, Business Analysis, Process Engineering, and we establish an Agile / Lean culture with Project Delivery cadence that’s repeatable and sustainable for the business & customers. If you would like to have a conversation on how we might be able to help, please get in touch.
Also published on Medium.