10 Steps in the Job Seeker DAILY PLAN
Let’s face it, job search isn’t as easy as it used to be. One minute you feel you have everything under control and the next hour it seems nothing is working out. Either you’re not getting interviews or nothing comes out of the ones you’ve attended. The truth is, there is no one sure way of getting things right. But that isn’t the end of the world, we can’t just give up now, can we? Oh NO. At the same time, we have to remember that HOPE is not a strategy.
The key issue here is continually learning and applying new daily proven techniques that help get your CV in front of the recruiter’s eyes, and not ending there, also getting the job. Here’s a Daily Plan curated for you in order to better your job search.
1. Wake up and 30-60 minutes of exercise/devotion.
3. Go to a quiet space at home, public library, or any place that has WiFi.
4. 90 minutes CV/Resume improvement, or keyword tailoring for online job applications (ATS)
5. One hour of LinkedIn activity, to enhance visibility.
6. One hour lunch break.
7. Two hours job search via LinkedIn Jobs, Indeed, #ProjectHelpYouGrow and other job sites.
8. One hour of skills improvement via Digital Service Academy, freeCodeCamp, LinkedIn Learning and other online courses.
9. 30-minute walk.
10. One hour interview prep: writing responses to sample competency-based interview questions, transferable skills identification, and C.A.R. technique.
Now back home to family and leisure time! Job search CANNOT be a hobby. It’s your 9-6 job until you find one. If you are currently in a job, looking to transition: try to spend an hour per day on search, and a bit more time on the weekends. I know it’s hard to juggle everything!
Without structure, we can become depressed and lethargic. So have a daily plan, please! You ALL have amazing qualifications, skills and experience to find a great job!
JOB = Daily Plan + Discipline + Determination.
Have a good start to the week everyone!
At WayMaker Digital, we specialise in helping organisations to deliver on the strategic goals, by leveraging on the decades of experience and expertise of our consultants. Our specialities include Agile Software Delivery, DevOps, Insights & Analytics, Cybersecurity, Business Analysis, User Experience, User Research, Manual & Automated Testing, Robotic Process Automation, Service Design, Application development (web & mobile) & Product Management while adopting the Agile & Lean principles. If you would like to have a conversation on how we might be able to help, please get in touch.